02 October 2008

Linnea in Monet's Garden....


I had forgotten about this book until I stumbled upon it last night on the bookshelf. The book had been given to me probably about 13 years ago now by a parent of a child in my classroom who knew how much I loved the creative arts!


I read the book with my daughter from time to time so I enjoyed paging through it again. Basically, the book just looks at Monet's pink house and some of his gardens--the inspiration for much of his artwork late in life! It is a wonderful blend of his art, where he lived in Giverny that is specifically written for children!

The Japanese Bridge was painted by Monet....it is amazing to watch as his eye sight deteriorated the changes in his painting!

Anyhow, if you have a child, a grandchild or young ones in your life, I encourage you to check out this book! You will just love it!
______________________________
The knitty gritty on Linnea...
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Hardcover: 56 pages
Publisher: R & S Books; 1st edition (October 1, 1987)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9129583144
ISBN-13: 978-9129583144

No comments: