24 October 2008

From the mouth of babes.....


Let's just say I have an interesting son. He just turned 9. He watched both of the conventions with me. He actually stayed up when the debates were on and watched the beginnings of each of them. I can't explain it but he has had this interest in Obama and McCain. He has insisted that we got together to vote. He loves to come in the booth and help "punch" the cards!

Fast forward to this afternoon...

On the car ride home today Taylor told me that they had a "funny" journal today. Everyday the children in his class have to write in their journal for a few minutes. The teacher usually gives them a topic to write about. I asked him why it was so funny and he said, "Well, we had to write one thing about McCain and one thing about Obama"....Now, what I need to tell you here is that my son's teacher is apparently a HUGE Palin fan, so I immediately cringed...

So, I asked..."What did you write about?"

"I wrote that John McCain is going to raise our taxes and I wrote that Obama is going to put money in our pockets."

Well, there goes the rest of the school year:)

post signature

1 comment:

GwynnsGifts said...

That is wonderful. Children have the greatest ability to grasp things in such simple terms. If only "us" adults could remember how to do that LOL